Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pearl Jam & Politics...

A Facebook friend of mine updated her status letting everyone know how much fun she had at a Pearl Jam concert last night.

I saw them a few years ago & the show was great until Eddie started spewing his political ideaology. Whether I agreed with him or not, I marveled at this fellow sharing his political opinions to a crowd of drunk & stoned people when by luck & timing he was not working at a Starbucks in Seattle undiscovered.

There are so many talented musicians in the world & so many people working hard to try & make it. Eddie is talented, absolutely, but I really think being in the right place at the right time has a lot to do with many of the performers that make it. Especially from that era of time & music in Seattle.

Say what you will about the luck & talent & hardwork & timing factors, but I just felt strange hearing politics at a Pearl Jam concert. At any concert, really. We're not in the sixties.

I didn't want to take away from the status update because I love to go to concerts & Pearl Jam was fun. However...

That's the main memory I have of the Pearl Jam concert. Oh, that & when they sang "Jeremy."

Feel free to disagree & share. I'm not above being wrong. It's just my opinion. I just didn't want to have this discussion on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment