Sunday, September 13, 2009

Messin' With My Mind...

Lots of things mess with my mind. This is & will be a continuing topic.

The Scientology folks have a lot of money because they hire the most beautiful models/actors & produce the most mesmerizing commercials for the "religion".

I don't really understand it & I must admit that a great deal of my Scientology knowledge has come from only two sources.

The first was a case in Florida where a Scientologist was left to die without medical treatment & there was evidence that she had been fed on by rats while she was still alive & it was quite horrible. I believe there were lawsuits based on the lack of medical intervention used & accepted by the study of Scientology. I read a lot on it a few years ago & found it disturbing.

The second source has been South Park. Those were some very interesting episodes during Chef's final days. Very interesting indeed. And the "Come Out of the Closet" episode featuring Tom Cruise & John Travolta prior to Chef's death was also interesting because it led to such a reaction from Scientologists.

It was all several years ago & my memory is fuzzy so I'll probably revisit this topic, but my point is that the Scientology "The answer's out there" commercials kind of freak me out.

But even I must admit that they are beautiful & haunting & if that's what I could look like if only I was a Scientologist well then, sign me up. All hail Xenu!

My husband thinks I might get hate mail for this one but as always:

Your thoughts?!

1 comment:

  1. I loved South Park's views and interpretations of Scientology. I've read about it a little bit and seen some videos from both current members and those who have left the "religion". Personally, I think it is a cult, a freakshow, a money-making scheme and an overall abomination... but that's just my personal opinion. At the very least, it is a great source of entertainment and fodder for gossip.

    ReplyDelete