Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Jagged Little Pill...

Headache's gone now but I had to cave.

No, I did not have a drink. I did, however, take one little tiny Vicodin & now I'm feeling much better. I had a beer drinking friend call me & talk to me & made me miss the booze so I took the Vike.

They've been in the house for six months, there were ten of them to start & now there are seven left so I think it's safe to say I don't abuse them. It did kill the headache quite nicely & helps me to enjoy my Diet Root beer from Trader Joe's much more.

I won't be able to take another tomorrow though, because that would go against my pill ethics, so I hope this headache does not return. It has felt like a sinus thing, however, rather than a no booze thing.

I really think I'm gonna make it two weeks this time. Although my hubby doesn't know that's my goal. I try not to define such things with him so I don't have to listen to him reprimand my failures. He'll be pleased if I go a few days. He thinks it's better for me.

I know this all makes me sound like I have a drinking problem. I had a long conversation about this today & I don't think that's the case.

I believe that I have a problem setting & keeping limits. The hubby can have a glass of wine & enjoy it & I figure if I'm gonna bother with a glass, I want to feel it. So I have three glasses, or four.

And then it really moves beyond the health benefit to the buzz effect. And if you have three glasses for a few nights then you need four to get the buzz effect. So if he opens a bottle & has a glass, then I tend to finish it & even open another. Lots of lip I take for that. Not good for me & expensive.

Anyway, if you know what I mean then you know what I mean. And if you don't, please don't worry about me because this is one thing I keep a handle on. I can't banish all the substances from my life: no booze, no cigarettes, no drugs. The booze must stay.

But it must stay on acceptable terms.

I'll totally get a quick buzz in two weeks. Now that's something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment