Monday, September 7, 2009

Finding Facebook Funny...

Funny ha ha & funny strange.

I love Facebook. But I'm also a little afraid of it.

So if I ignore your Farm Friends whatever, don't drink your martini or cup of coffee & don't return your hug, please don't think it's because I don't love you ~ I do.

I am just afraid of accepting all the applications that come with those things. I love taking FB quizzes, but each one scares me a little bit when I have to click "allow".

Also, I've heard the Farm Stuff & Mafia Wars are addictive. And we all know I don't need any more frigging addictions, thank you very much.

On the other hand, I love the people connections on FB. My very best friend on FB, & you know who you are my frequent PI contributor, is someone I barely remember from high school. And might I just add that thank goodness we did not know each other earlier in life because we could have definitely been disruptive to each other's success :)

This all comes to mind today because I sent a friend request to someone that I've always found interesting but am honestly a little hesitant about. I believe we're both alpha females & sometimes it's difficult for the same type to get along well. I feel like when we're around each other we sniff & growl deep in our throats but have never attacked. She accepted my friend request so I'm happy. The more strong, successful friends you can have the better. Especially better on your side than on someone else's.

I also love getting friend requests from people I've only met a few times or from someone I haven't seen in a long time. It always comes as such a pleasant surprise. I've only turned down three requests ever. One from a guy I didn't know, one from an Avon representative & one from a real estate agent. Although of the latter two I do admire their marketing techniques.

Hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend. I know mine has been fun & relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment