Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Creative Reading & Creative Writing Spawn Creative Thinking...

The Philosopher was in my head tonight. I've included many of my favorites. All of which I can recite.

Hope you like them. If not, please ignore them. I'll talk more shit tomorrow, I promise.

I did leave out Poe but The Raven is way too long as is Annabelle Lee. I can recite a lot of both of them but not all of either of them. Eldorado will have to do:

Eldorado by Edgar Allan Poe

Gaily bedight,
A gallant knight,
In sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long,
Singing a song,
In search of Eldorado.

But he grew old-
This knight so bold-
And o'er his heart a shadow
Fell as he found
No spot of ground
That looked like Eldorado.

And, as his strength
Failed him at length,
He met a pilgrim shadow-
"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be-
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied-
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Good Evening, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment