Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Other California...

I'd like to do a White Trash California Episode of No Reservations.

There's an entire other California that people from all around the country don't know about. They think we're surfers & blondes with fake boobs & tans ~ and a few of us are but we're so much more.

We're from Oroville & Red Bluff & Yreka ~ oh my.

My hubby & I have sat outside the Circle K on 273 at Westwood Village & longed for a video camera just to record the humanity that wanders in & out of that store. The Moms spending $2.13 for gas & the rest of that hard earned 5 dollar bill on a pack of generic ciggies.

Nobody knows the trouble we've seen.

I dated a guy from San Francisco when I was 19. My family was way better off than his so the judgement was not passed on me, but when we went up 273 toward Gene's he said, yeah, this is what you expect from Redding ~ total white trash.

I didn't get it then. I get it now.

Be proud. Own it. Ignore it.

I ignore it. But I still plan on taking a video camera & making a documentary to send in to A & E called "The Other California."

Please recommend where else I should set up my data collection.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Any change left over can be a scratch-off lottery ticket too.

    ReplyDelete