Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Food & TV, My Favorite Combo...

I love the Food Network. I've been watching it for years. I got hooked when I was pregnant & my friend visited from out of state & started me on 30 Minute Meals. I am not a Rachel Ray fan anymore, by any means, but I did think she was fabulous when she first started that show.

It was the oddest thing to watch her grow younger. She started out with smart cardigans, a Mom haircut wearing slacks & ended up with the big arm movements, almost shouting "Yummo" & "EVOO" every other second & some seriously streaked, highlighted hair & hipster jeans showing her sorta sad cleavage.

They took her in a totally different direction. Funny thing about "celebrities" & "personalities" ~ you never really know who they really actually are.

Anyway, now I watch Chopped & Iron Chef America & Throwdown. I'm also diggin Chefs vs. City & I still love the Barefoot Contessa but the rest of the shows kinda bug me. Giada's ok, too.

My friend suggested having a Chopped party & I think that is a fabulous idea. The only problem I envision is a throwdown for more space on the cook top. I mean, I would require several burners at a time. Who has more than one cook top? Two ovens, perhaps, but only one cook top.

Maybe we could take turns with the same picnic basket items & while one is cooking the other can be serving the judges, etc. I am going to do it if she doesn't but I don't want to steal her idea.

Doesn't that sound fun?

Also, you might think Sex & Food would be a better combo, but I am effed up enough in the eating department. I never, ever combine those two :)

Double also, my friend Amy (Lesbian Amy as she liked to be called) was hanging out with me right before I popped & Everyday Italian came on. Amy loved it & asked "What's her name again?" & I said "Giada" & she said "Even her name is hot." A favorite memory.

2 comments:

  1. Giada's beautiful for sure but she's such a bobblehead. My husband calls her "little big head". Food Network has been one of my favorite channels since around 1999! I like the shows you mentioned and lately have also been watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and The Best Thing I Ever Ate. Good stuff! Food and t.v, can't beat it, except maybe with alcohol and t.v. Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a throwdown! Don't know if you have camping stoves but they would work great if you are short on burners (think rental companies rent them too) I feel the same way about the food network. All I watch anymore is: Good Eats, Barefoot Contessa, and Iron Chef. Sandra Lee blows! Oh, wait, is she even on anymore??

    ReplyDelete