Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm Narcissistic & So Am I

I've had a strange few days. My life, at least my work life, has been in a bit of turmoil ~ or at least I thought it was.

Anyway, I thought I was having problems with my boss. He faxed me something late on Friday night that he really should have discussed with me. I was all in an uproar all weekend & then this morning I was even planning an exit strategy to start my own business when I found out that there's something serious going on with his family. Like life & death stuff that makes everything else seem so trivial.

So I had to shift from anger to guilt to total sadness & hoping for the very best possible outcome for him & his family.

That's a lot of emotions & it really made me think about me. That Narcissus again.

Why do I always think everything is about me? When someone doesn't call me back or answer my e-mail immediately my first thought is that I did something wrong. I never stop to consider that maybe something is going on with them.

Does that make me a narcissistic bitch?

And the final narcissistic question, is it just me?

Or are there others out there, too?

2 comments:

  1. Narcism. Paranoia. It's a very fine line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spoken to several ladies about this one today & they all tell me I'm not alone. I have discovered that many of us can get whacked out when we're left to let our imaginations run wild & the "what ifs" are allowed to linger.

    ReplyDelete