Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hooray for the Babysitter!

Earlier in the summer I paid our babysitter for two full days of watching the kid & I only needed her for one day. She was thrilled to get the day off but had already taken my check.

She's a wonderful girl heading off to college & she would have insisted on returning half the money. But do I want that money? Hell, no. I want the babysitting. So when she called last night after coming back from her month-long dance program to see if I needed her I had the unexpected thrill of having a babysitter today.

Today is a wonderful day. My husband is out of town. My kid has been watched & expertly cared for all day & is now swimming with the babysitter at her house. How could things get any better?

I went shopping this morning. I made a lovely salad for lunch. Oh, and school starts next week ~ hell yeah! Sorry to all the teachers already back this week but thank you for taking such good care of our kiddos.

I hope you're having a wonderful day, too!

Question: Does it make me a bad Mom that I love having someone else watch & entertain my kid, even when I'm home?!

No comments:

Post a Comment