Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Do You Feel Lucky?

Luck seems to come up as a topic in my life quite frequently.

"You're so lucky." "She's so lucky." "I'm so unlucky."

Do you believe in luck?

I feel I'm fortunate but I believe most success is based on good decisions.

Just today my friend was telling me that she was offended by something her single, thirty-something friend said to her: "You were so lucky to meet your husband when you were younger."

It made me wonder: Was I lucky to meet my husband at a relatively young age? Yes. Did I realize what a perfect find he was for me & make the right decision to hold on to him & marry him? Yes.

I believe luck & timing are interchangeable. My former boss, a woman I both admire & adore, told me again & again that timing is everything.

You can make a poor decision at an innocuous time & there are no serious repercussions. You go home, you wake up the next day, you feel bad, you learn a lesson.

But you can make the same poor decision at a bad time & it spirals. Things go from bad to worse. You wake up the next day & have to continue dealing with that poor decision & its consequences & that can seem like bad luck.

Did you get unlucky or did you make a poor decision that led to bad luck?

Just make a good decision to begin with & the luck will come. Although with good decisions, it's not really luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment