Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Messin' With My Mind...

Ok, so many things mess with my mind ~ many people mess with it. But I am bugged when the television tries to do it & it's totally obvious.

Although I'm quite sure it does it all the time & mostly I just don't notice.

Anyway, last night on Obsessed they showed a whole episode on this guy that was a crazy, compulsive hoarder. It was interesting & terrifying & I'm glad I had it on dvr so I could fast forward through some of the overwhelmingly uncomfortable parts.

All through the show they kept advertising about the new A & E series called Hoarders or something similar. Not very subtle. It's like the old spin-offs where you wonder why the sitcom is traveling off on some odd tangent with a non-main character & then bam...that character has a new sitcom.

The thing that really annoyed me, & which I was reminded of last night, was the advertising done by vaccine manufacturers.

I didn't realize it the first time but I knew something was up when seemingly PSAs kept running about the "did you know that ovarian cancer is caused by a virus? I'm going to tell my Mom, my sister, my friend..."

Then bam...out come the Gardasil Vaccination advertisements. Scare tactics.

Then there were the meningitis quasi-PSAs. Same thing. Scare 'em then offer them a cure.

Just a rant that's ponged around in my mind so I wanted to share.

Any others I'm missing? Anything totally obvious that they did & I didn't notice? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment