Monday, August 31, 2009

Anywhere But Here...

I find myself wishing my time away. I love my life, my family, my friends. Everything.

But I tend to focus on upcoming trips or upcoming events instead of being present all the time.

I love doing research for trips I'm going to take & picking places to eat, where to stay, what to see. I love it!

I have a great job but I alternate between working & pricing trips to Hawaii or Mexico. With the kid, without the kid. Trips to the Bahamas. Wherever.

True, I usually end up taking these trips & I feel confident I find the best deal & the best place to stay but it takes a lot of time to come up with these plans.

How much money is my time really worth? I don't take time away from my family for this stuff, it's really just from work.

I work from home & if I wasn't tapping away at the computer between calls & e-mails I would be watching tv, which incidentally is paused on the Travel Channel at this very second. Or I'd get up & make a snack, which is an on-going issue in my weight battle. I could also spend the time shopping on-line. That would really piss off my hubby.

So I fantasize about vacations. Examine kids programs at hotels & would I really leave my child in one in Mexico? Probably not. The next family vacation will likely be to Maui in the spring. But only if I can find a really good deal.

I also mess mess around on Facebook but that leaves a trail of evidence. I'm not so easy to spot on Expedia, Travelocity or Cheap Hotels.

Have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment