Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Today Rocks!

Actually, it was yesterday that kicked some major ass but today is the residual effect.

I work on commission. I think I'm switching to salary plus commission next year but right now, it's 100% commission. I made two enormous sales yesterday & I am done working for the rest of this month. And next.

Just kidding. The hubby says if I could just do this every week then he would retire & blah blah blah. That's what he always says. It's never enough for that one. Actually, he just pushes me & always thinks I can do more, do better, work harder. And me, well I always think an "A" is enough. There's no need to get an "A+".

I took a class with the hubby one time. It was a Cultural Anthropology class that I needed to graduate. I had taken it once before & got an incomplete or something similar so I needed to fix it for my transcripts. He's weird & he took it with me for fun.

He got like 116% in the class. I got 103%. We both got an "A". It looked no different when the grades were published. But he's an over-achiever. Heaven help our child if he's an under-achiever because it will be a long life for him :)

And me, I'm lazy. But I still manage to do well. Which is why I'm ecstatic today & just spent $400 at Walmart & Costco. And I will not have to take the shit from the hubby that would usually accompany the indulgence of my shopping habit.

I try not to take anything for granted. I'll keep plugging along knowing I'm fortunate to be employed. Same for the hubby. Counting my blessings. But it did feel good today to shop.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Working on commission like that means you are an A+ Person! Smart enough and strong enough for anything.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete