Monday, November 9, 2009

Organized Schmorganized...

For work today I had to find a piece of paper with a quoted $ amount. I hate companies that fax me shit instead of e-mailing it. If they e-mail it to me, I know where it is. I just print it out for proof or I forward it.

I'm a pack rat. It's not like I'm not going to have something I need. It's just likely going to take me a little bit of time to find it.

So today, I needed this piece of paper from August. We were overcharged & we're not paying & I needed to prove that I was quoted $490 instead of the $780 they were charging us.

No problem. Just give me a half an hour & I'll get it to you.

So then, I get this wild hair up my butt that I'm gonna organize my office. It's that time of year. My son's birthday party is in a few weeks, I do Thanksgiving at the house for all the family & then my friend & I throw a holiday bash here for lots of people.

It's time.

I stack about 1200 sheets of paper on the floor in about six enormous piles. I get down two boxes full of hanging files to make updated ones & sit down fully intending to get organized while I search for this elusive piece of paper from August.

I go to the first pile & file two things into the new files I've made & then there's the quote.

It's the third fucking piece of paper I look at & I lose all motivation.

I fax it to our corporate office. Job done.

Except now my office looks like a tornado has hit it & I just don't want to fix it. Seriously, it looks like one of those houses on hoarders.

I think I'm going to offer to pay my super organized friend $100 to come over & go through all my stuff, ask me where each thing should go & then have her put it there.

That's what I did when setting up my son's nursery. I had a motivated friend come over, she volunteered, & I sat leaned against the wall on a pillow & she set up everything. It was awesome.

I think not being pregnant & it being for work, though, it's gonna take some cold hard cash to get somebody to do it for me.

Oh well. I think it will be worth it :)

At least the mess is behind me when I'm goofing off on the computer. But I can't drink too much tonight or I will totally break my neck trying to get out of this room.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. You are hysterical! I let things get out of hand befor I fix them, so I understand.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete