Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's All Relative...

I am sick. I swear I have a reverse self-image problem.

I think I'm all that. I remember when I gained 50 plus pounds in the last couple of years I was miserable. I really was miserable, on the way up.

Well, now that I've lost almost 40 of that 50 I think I'm looking so good. When I was on the way up I hated it & the fat jeans I had to buy I'm now thrilled to be squeezing my getting smaller butt into.

It's all relative.

The hubby & I are planning a trip to Mexico this spring with a few of his friends & their wives. I love them all but they are all skinny fucking bitches. I say that in the most affectionate way, ladies. You know I adore you.

And there I'll be. In my tankini top & board shorts. They'll be looking amazing in their bikinis. Even if I don't eat until May, I'll still be in board shorts. The tankini top will just be a little more revealing.

And I'll feel great. I'll feel just as pretty as they are. I'll be a little envious & totally tell them about it to their faces but it won't bother me a bit. It never occurs to me to feel bad about myself. It just gives me focus.

But it has not always been thus. I don't remember my internal dialog from last year but I know it was hateful & full of self-criticism.

And I will say, quite honestly, if it was a year ago & I was still wearing that 40+ pounds then this trip would not be happening. Because the only way I could have quieted the screaming self-protests in my head back then would have been Xanax. And why waste a Xanax on a real issue when it's in fact something meant to be savored & enjoyed :)

It's all relative.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. I'll say what worked for me, and it takes the fat right off your ass fast. An hour a day of brisk walking. You can do it, you'll see immediate results. Brisk is the word, not strolling along. Take it off your TV time.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. Positive self image> bikini body.

    I love my board shorts. Everyone should make the switch.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete