Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pick a Size & Stick It...

I just spent an hour in my closet. Hanging up all the clothes that were on the floor. Refolding the shirts & sweaters on the shelves. Putting the purses back into their silk pouches & shoving them up on the top shelf for later use.

My 3/4 of the decent sized walk-in closet is packed full & I haven't even put my laundry away yet, which is all the stuff I actually wear.

What the hell???

I just hung up all the shit I try on & don't wear because it's too small or too big or I don't like the way it looks that day. I should hang it up right after I try it on but I don't. I leave it on the floor. Lovely.

I also fluctuate with my weight quite a bit. I have wardrobes in about six different sizes. And I have lots of boxes in the garage with small clothes that are just not gonna happen, probably EVER again, & really big clothes which had better not happen, EVER again. I need to have a garage sale. (Please refer to previous blog post about helpful Mother-In-Law tips.)

My husband just has what he needs. It's so odd.

I keep all my clothes that are basic in style no matter how many years it's been since I fit into them. Of course if they're worn I toss them. If they're nice & they just don't fit any more then that's not their fault & they deserve to stick around until I am able to wear them again.

Someday I'm gonna be back to one of my ideal sizes. My first trip to Hawaii size or when I met my hubby size. Either two or three sizes smaller than I am now. Ok, maybe four, dammit.

I'm totally gonna put on a fashion show of high waisted red guess shorts & body suits. Of torn 501 Levi jeans & cutoffs. I can't wait.

And then I'll wonder why, oh why, have I packed this shit from one house to the next, year after year filling my garage & stuffing my closet.

I guess we all need to set goals :)

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever noticed when there is a move, the wife has 4 to 6 boxes/containers of clothes and the husband will have 1 to 2 of them? Guys can admit they will never get into again, and they know it. Women feel they need to hoard clothes that they once wore, and given the chance will put them on again. It is a classic battle, and it will ever end as long as men and women share the same dwelling. Look at the total value of the wardrobes, and that may solve the issue of why there are so many clothes the wifes side and hardle any on the husbands side. Men have 20 outfits that are comprised of a $10 shirt, $25 pair of jeans, and $65 dollar shoes. Where as a female will own a $75 blouse, $150 jeans, and $75 and up shoes, and there will 100 outfits in the clothest that have only been worn once, and haven't been put on in 4 years, when it fit them. Also, even if an outfit does fit them, it is too pricey to be warn out to do tasks and errands that come with a normal day.

    How is it a man can wear the same outfit out at night as he did to work, but a female can change 3 times before they leave for that evening? These are all the things I have run across in life, whether you be a female or a male, make this observance when you are with your spouse next time. See what happens, and then wonder if I was right by posting this.

    If your outfit is older then 4 years old, toss it; you will never wear it again. If you were goign to wear it again, you would have put it on before now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When you met your hubby size" is of course a definite WINNER!

    Now you are a winner at your present size.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, I forgot to mention, I'm putting you on m,y blog list today, so my readers can find you too!

    Thanks, Secretia

    ReplyDelete