Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baby Makin' Weather...

This kind of weather makes me want another baby. It always does. This time of year makes me want another baby. This is when babies should be born, in my opinion. My birthday's coming up, my brother's, my Mom's, my Mother-In-Law's, my son's.

I think it's because I was pregnant this time 5 years ago & my baby shower was on October 16th. I was really in the full swing of baby mode.

I don't think I'm going to have any more. I know my husband does not want any more. Although, let's face it, it isn't really up to him, now is it?! :)

I surprised him with the first one, which he absolutely adores & would not change for even a single second. But I don't think I'll surprise him again.

It will pass. I love our life now. The boy is so much fun & so wonderful to travel with. He plays really well by himself & he's so much fun to play with. His Grandparents love taking him whenever we want to travel or have a date night so...

Why rock the boat?

Because I loved being pregnant. I loved having a baby. I love seeing our child grow to represent the best & sometimes the worst in both of us.

But alas, one is enough. For the hubby anyway. For me, too, probably. I'm not sure how I would do with two. I feel like my hands are full enough right now & I still have plenty of time to keep them idle. What do they say about idle hands? Oh yes, they blog.

Time to schedule his procedure. Oh wait, I told him to handle it. That part is up to him so it probably won't happen. We'll see...

3 comments:

  1. Our children are the most beautiful part of us!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! But I also see some of my worst traits in my son. He has my temper. My Mother says the same thing about me. She says I hold a grudge just like she does & it's hard to see something you don't like about yourself in your children. I think it's fascinating & wonderful & beautiful. All of it! Thanks, Secretia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether your husband's done or not...the proof's in the pudding, er, the scheduled 'procedure', isn't it. I think for me personally, it would be hard to go back to the all-consuming 'baby days' after finally regaining some freedom. In general, don't get me started on this topic, as you know!

    ReplyDelete