Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Had A Weird Week...

How do you spell weird? Is "i" before "e" or not?

I had jury duty this week.

It kind of rocked my world. Can't talk about it yet, but I will.

Made me realize that you have to be careful. That the things that you do are not private.

I had already realized other things. One of my very good friends, & a reader of this blog, will agree with me...she knows what I mean...

Her mother-in-law has sued several places & people for injuries, imagined or otherwise.

Has collected $75k or more for the effort.

I've told my friend her mother-in-law cannot come to my home for fear she will fling herself down on my driveway & sue me ~ point taken. Point agreed.

I'll write more of it next week.

I'm not taking sides.

As an alternate, I have no official opinion.

But I believe none of us are totally guilty. And none of us are truly innocent.

4 comments:

  1. That is unfortunate, about the suit-happy in law.

    Maybe I agree that none of us are "truly innocent" in my case, you're right.

    Secretia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about this. I have jury duty coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think some people are truly guilty, hello OJ!
    but in civil law, yeah, it's often a mixed bag,
    can't wait to hear more

    ReplyDelete
  4. I before E...... yes there really are truly guilty parties out there. The majority are like us... a mixed bag as Cameron says but there are some..... they scare the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete