Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Tuesday...

So, the weekend was fun. Totally fun. Had a great time at the Beer & Wine Festival, had fun with my hubby, had a great visit with great friends & enjoyed the cool & rainy Sunday.

I have work stuff scheduled next week. Yeh! It's not really picking up but at least it's happening. Whew.

It's such an odd thing that I have a bi-polar job when I tend to almost be a type of bi-polar person. My job is up, it's down & back & forth. Matches my moods I suppose. My boss is kind of the same way so we're likely in the correct careers.

Yesterday I went shopping & got two new purses, a wallet & a candle. I love how the discount stores have such a random array of things. Like TJ Maxx has everything I could need ~ I could have come out with shoes, clothes, Le Creuset & Halloween Decorations. I love it! I didn't get a cart, however, so as soon as my hands & arms were full I checked out. Me happy. Until the credit card bill comes & then me guilty. Oh well, I haven't done any other shopping recently so I shouldn't be in too much trouble.

I have just been in a purse mood. Ever since I went to Reno & found a gorgeous salmon pink purse that I should have bought at Dillard's. It was on sale & I'm kinda glad now that I didn't get it because yesterday I got two quality bags for just a wee bit over the sale price of the Reno one.

My house was cleaned on Friday so that really makes me happy. I love it when it's clean! I wish I was better at keeping it that way.

And tomorrow I leave for Wichita to spend a week with my Grandma. I'll likely blog from there. I'm so truly looking forward to this time with her but I am seriously freaking out about leaving my boys for so long.

I have been away from the kid for 8 days but I was on vacation with my hubby so I wasn't without either of them. It's going to be so odd. And I'm going to miss my dog & kitty, too. But I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything & I'm just so thrilled I'm able to do it.

Have a wonderful day & I'll write soon.

Probably tonight while I'm having cocktails & procrastinating packing, actually!

2 comments:

  1. I too had a very happy weekend, which makes for a happy Monday, and Tuesday for that matter.

    Enjoying the time that you have with a loved one, rather in Wichita or in Redding, is what matters, to me anyway. People that you love & are there for you when you need them, and vise versa are important. Very important.

    Being away from the both of the boys in your life, will make you long for them, but... you will never regret spending the time with your Grandmother, hopefully the dog won't run away, and the kitty won't sneak himself under or behind anything and do it's morning doo ;)..

    I too will be doing some guilt shopping today, although, I will not be buying any purses, I have developed runner's foot... because with out notice I have put well over 300 miles on my running shoes since April. It's time for a new pair... but I need them... that is my excuse :)

    Have a very enjoyable weekend and week, I can't wait to hear from you while you care for your grandmother, what a sweet and special memory to have.

    Have a cocktail for me tonight! And don't pack anything that grandmother would disaprove of ;)Except for those " Fucking Turtles " Gotta have those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you anonymous! And he hasn't had any accidents since the day we brought him home from the pound. Luckily he survived that & now he's a great little guy. Good luck with your foot & enjoy your shopping ~ I'll text you while away.

    ReplyDelete