Monday, September 13, 2010

Boy World...

I find myself in Boy World quite a bit. It's funny because that just seems to be where I tend to wander.

My household is all boys. My kid, my dog, my cat & my hubby.

My job is mostly with boys. I'm usually the only girl in the room or on the job site. At least 90% of the time.

And then at the poker table, it's very common for me to be the only girl. At least 90% of the time.

I like the insight into boy world. I find that boys are mean. But at least they're mean to the face. They're quick to tell each other how fat they're getting or anything mean that pops into their minds. We girls say these things but we almost always do it behind each others' backs.

Playing poker on Friday night I saw a couple of really funny things. The party host & birthday boy was asked several times from several different people if he was going to watch football on Sunday. Each time he replied that he didn't know. Although there were a lot of funny follow-up questions, the best was as follows:

"Oh, do have a lot of crocheting to catch up on?"

And then the same fellow, one of the funniest guys I have EVER met, said the funniest thing at the table.

Birthday boy caught his card on the river & caused funny guy to lose a big pot. When the card came funny guy said, deadpan, "Nice shot, fluffy."

I'm using that line at the table.

There were actually three girls out of nine players & the final two of us were both girls heads-up. I lost going all in with a suited queen king & she had pocket aces. She'd had pocket kings the hand before. wtf? It was a really fun game & I loved how I played.

Anyway, the two other girls were talking about some jewelry party that was happening the following week. The hostess is one of my best friends & the other girl asked if I was coming. I said I had told her to please stop inviting me to that crap because I wouldn't ever come & it looked like she had. Thank goodness.

It was just like the time that this very best friend of mine was sewing curtains & her sewing machine broke & she called me to ask if I had a sewing machine she could borrow.

My reply was, "You're fucking kidding me, right?"

Now I love my friends. Especially the girly, crafty ones because they are so different from me & I truly appreciate those differences. But I'll always be the girl playing golf with the boys & playing poker with the boys while the wives are at the spa.

I love boy world.

But my hubby still has to kill the bugs.

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment