Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Philadelphia...

Tonight I'm watching Philadelphia. Such a touching & troubling movie.

"The Bug" as it was referred to on The Wire. My hubby & I still use the reference. Affectionately, we use it. About people we care about.

When I was 20, just barely 20, I was super cute. I still have an appeal but there was some time from my late teens to early twenties that I looked good.


I was sitting in LAX reading an Anne Rice Vampire Chronicle, in white 501's with black cowboy boots & my legs slung over the arm of the airport chair. I felt a murmur from all the people around me, not really knowing what it was about.

I looked up & about 5 feet from me was Tom Hanks, staring down at me, smiling. I said "hey" & he said "hi.". Then his security came over to him & elbowed him into the red carpet room with his wife. She kind of smirked at me, too.

It was him but different. He had on a red bandana & did not look well. It occurred to me later that he was filming Philadephia. I love his acting. Love to see him on SNL.

Just random memory for this evening.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. That was some movie! One of the most moving films ever.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete