Monday, December 14, 2009

Ho, Ho, Ho...

No, I'm not still talking about Tiger.

I'm talking about Christmas. It's almost here, finally. I'm very excited.

I love all the lights & the decorations & the good cheer. I love all the drinking & the socializing & the spending time with my family & friends.

Oh, & I like all the eating, too. Must get back on diet in the New Year.

But no resolutions for me. Except maybe to keep writing this blog. It's great therapy for me. I'm so glad people read it & sometimes are amused by it but it is also really helpful to me. Especially the feedback. The comments make me think more.

I made lovely Christmas cards through Costco. I printed little notes to put in the cards of people I don't see often or who live far away. And I printed our cute return address labels. I even hand addressed them for the personal touch but I think next year I'll print them cuz dang, my handwriting is bad!

All in all, I spent 6 or 7 hours on Christmas cards. Used all sorts of paper resources. Spent lots of money on buying & sending them.

And so far I've only gotten 5 in the mail. I hope everyone else is lagging, too, because I love getting Christmas cards. Or Holiday Cards, depending on what you celebrate. I love seeing the family photos. Seeing the little notes so long as they're not brag-o-grams.

I get one letter every year from a family that is rich. Beyond wealthy & so out of touch with how they appear that it's incredibly amusing instead of appalling. They write about all the trips they've taken to Africa, Peru, Brazil & Europe that year & include photos throughout the four page letter. They actually put the website links to all the things they've seen in their letter.

It's obscene & I love it. I look forward to it every year.

My letter is quite simple. My hubby & I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary this year. Our son will be starting Kindergarten next year & spends lots of time with his Grandparents & cousin. We traveled to Kansas to celebrate my Grandma's 86th birthday & my cousin's wedding. He's an expert traveler.

Not a brag-o-gram but some things I'm happy to share.

I hope you all are having a wonderful evening. It will be a busy, busy week & I'll be hung over a lot this weekend so if I don't write enough, I'm sorry.

Have fun, be safe & ho ho ho...

1 comment:

  1. It is a beautiful thing for older people to enjoy company. For those seniors the only two things you can give them are food and companionship. Engaging them in conversation is what they love. Have a Merry Christmas, you and all of your family.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete