Monday, July 13, 2009

An MJ Observation

My friend was telling me about a comment she made on Facebook about MJ recently ~ & I have come to learn that the things you type on Facebook can bite you on the ass.

(Now I am not the only one who writes this blog so if my counterpart disagrees with my perspective, & she might, she will totally let me know.)

Anyway, my friend commented on an expression of sympathy for this tortured soul finally at rest with the keen observation that all the media attention focused on Michael Jackson's death was really taking away from more pressing news like nuclear weapons in North Korea, for example.

She was seriously reprimanded for her callousness toward MJ's passing & a great many other things. She was surprised & her feelings were hurt by such a harsh reaction from someone she thought was her friend.

I totally agree with her. Michael Jackson was a very talented entertainer in his younger years but for the past 15 has been, if perhaps a little short of a total freak, at the very least someone desperately out of touch with reality. That is only my own observation from both his behavior & the interviews & documentaries he participated in. My belief is that your public persona is usually much more restrained than your private one so I can't even begin to speculate on what he was really like...

Now I am a total Perez Hilton addict ~ I check his blog 10 times a day ~ & although I don't particularly like the fellow I love his blog. I also look at TMZ from time to time so I am certainly not above any fascination with celebrities.

However, Perez Hilton, TMZ & US Weekly is where I want to feed my celebrity frenzy.

I do not want to see it on Good Morning America for weeks at a time with dozens of doctors & experts speculating on MJ's health. Especially when these experts could have been hired to come up with legitimate illness explanations for why he wore a glove, bleached his skin or rode in a wheelchair. It may or may not be true & it may or may not be false, but get it off the network news. Please!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nothing more needed to add...you nailed it right on the head. I could not have said and summed that up better. The only thing I might add, is I'm sitting here, on my way to bed writing this and can you even guess what I just hear in the background from my tv, I'm paying no attention to...Of course, Headline News "MJ, poor poor MJ" the fire on stage changed everything for him. If that hadn't happended, he would have never become addicted to pain pills...he probably would be alive today"...no comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm starting to wonder if I know you bc I posted stuff on how there was too much MJ coverage, esp. in light of world affairs etc, nobody said anything to me, but I knew it made people mad. Anyway, I am in agreement with you! In case you didn't see my blog on this, it's pretty much a reiteration of what you said, but check it out in our June blogs www.conquerthemonkey.com
    Love your site, and thanks for visiting ours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make 'em mad, Monkey. It makes them think. Or maybe it just makes 'em mad & that's good, too. I did see your blog on this using the cap and trade example but our reference was based on a specific Facebook incident. Thanks for checking us out.

    ReplyDelete