Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Alcoholic Brake-Check

I am trying to go for two weeks without drinking. I'm already pretty annoyed about it & I'm only on day two.

Every once in a while I do this to make sure I don't officially have a problem - so far, so good. No DT's, no ants crawling & I'm not really that crabby. Although it was strange to prepare dinner tonight & not consider what cocktail to have or what bottle of wine to open.

Guess a brake-check every now & then is good for us all - or for me at least.

Oh & just because I'm not drinking doesn't mean I get to pop pills instead. I'm trying to just stick to caffeine & that's it for two weeks. Seriously, I will kill somebody if I try to give up coffee & diet pepsi, too!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't read this until I posted my "I lover my husband, but..." comment. However, I think you will really like it and find the last part very in-line with this, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, we are long lost twins.
    good luck with the two weeks, throw in some detox tea and milk thistle, it'll do wonders!! Synergy tea (carbonated, yummy) from Whole foods is a good drink at night as a booz alternative, though nowhere near as great as the real thing.
    Cheers
    Conquer The Monkey
    common sense advice for a complicated world.

    ReplyDelete