Friday, October 15, 2010

I Love the Fall...

I love the Fall. It's my favorite season. So many wonderful happenings!

It's Halloween. It's my birthday. It's my son's birthday and then Thanksgiving ~ same day this year, actually.

It's the best weather.

It's the colors. I love Orange.

And then fall leads to winter & Christmas. I love the Holiday Season. I'm really looking forward to it this year.

I just put up my Halloween decorations. And I did the same dumb thing I do each year. I am never happy with my door decoration so I find somewhere else to hang the old one & go excitedly buy a new one. I get it home & then I remember why the last one didn't work & why this one doesn't either: It covers the peep hole.

Awesome. I did it again this morning. Every single year. Whatever, it looks totally cute hanging from my wall mirror with hooks in the hallway.

But now what to do with the front door? Back to the store to buy the orange & black wreath I had planned to buy but instead bought the beautiful witch hat with Happy Halloween underneath.

This is why my hubby hates me. Because I was debating over a front porch pumpkin display that is so adorable but didn't buy & this afternoon I'm gonna get it as well as the wreath.

I don't really have a shopping problem. I just get what I want with no regard to how much it pisses him off. It's actually a game we play. I buy it. He likes it until the bill comes & then he yells at me & I put my hands up in the air & shrug.

Just like the installing of the Christmas Lights. He likes the way they look, he's not gonna do it & I am going to pay to have it done. He freaks out each & every year at how much it costs.

I work. I contribute financially as well as manage most of the child raising responsibilities. Well, me along with my parents ;)

We manage to save a great deal of my income so I'm gonna buy what I want to buy & do what I want to do. Within reason. If I wasn't reasonable then it would be a problem. He's a serious saver & if my bad habits got in the way of his saving it wouldn't be a game any longer. But so far so good.

Don't we all play our games? And things carry on as they should.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment