Monday, May 17, 2010

Suspended Seat Belt Reality

As I just picked up my preschooler & realized I had forgotten his booster seat & that he had to just ride in a seat belt ~ it's not as bad as it sounds because he's the size of an 8 year old & weighs 85 lbs. ~ I started considering a few risky moves I've made with seat belts recently.

When we rode in Taxis in Mexico, we never wore our seat belts. Even when my hubby rode in the front seat & I asked him to please put it on, he still didn't.

We wore them when we rented a car. Never would have considered not wearing them then. So why was it ok when we were riding in taxis? They drive way crazier than we did.

And it's not just in Mexico, either. When I'm in a cab in New York City or San Francisco, I don't put them on. It's like a mind block. I don't know what it is.

Am I alone or do other people do the same thing? I can't remember ever seeing someone put on a seat belt in a Taxi. Why is that?

Except the one time my son was in a Taxi with us in San Francisco I did put the lap belt on him in the back seat. I still didn't put mine on so what the hell was I thinking, I don't know.

I'm just wondering aloud here & curious if there are others out there that do the same.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment