Friday, May 14, 2010

It's Hard Out There for a Her

I have two thoughts to share:

I was just flipping the channels & on TLC there was the Hoarding show. A guy was a Hoarder & he was showing it to his girlfriend for the first time. She was appropriately shocked & although I didn't see the end of the show, I bet she stuck it out. Cuz as a man, you could be a head in a fishbowl & a woman will love & devote herself to you. Shit, women may even fight over you.

And secondly, women as mothers are not appreciated. If you're a single Mom, people assume it's somehow your fault. If you're a single father, you have Grandmas & Aunts to help you & the Mother is blamed for being horrible & abandoning her child. Men are given so much credit for what they're doing & a whole lot of help.

The double standard is very intriguing to me on both issues.

Just feeling a sexist sting this evening - not from my hubby of course but just from a few generalizations I've encountered the past few days.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment