Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Sound of Silence...

Hello Darkness My Old Friend, I'd Like to Talk With You Again...

I seriously used to be a chatter box.

My hubby was silent.

It worked for us & now it doesn't.

Somehow, I caught his silence & we just don't chat as much anymore. Or it's a total effort on my part if we do because he has always been quiet.

He misses my chattering. I don't. Although I do miss our conversations that I guess I initiated.

How do you get past the sound of silence? Tonight he said that he was afraid in a few years our morning nods to each other would imply our entire day ~ plans with the kid, after school arrangements & dinner.

Interesting...

How does a marriage survive the silence? I'll keep you posted because ours absolutely will.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. If it's true love, somehow it just survives. Mine has... against all odds. Every once in awhile I say something to my husband and he laughs (deep belly laugh) and in that I know he still likes/loves me more than anyone. Life gets in the way of meaningful conversations most of the time but "inside jokes" and that certain "deep connection" will still shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marriage/Relationships (real ones) are hard. My rule is, you must always talk... just get it out, always tell him how you feel, otherwise it will bottle up inside and the silence that you are hearing now... will increase to an even louder silence, and you most certainly do not want that! So blurt it out, what ever it is!

    Your hubby loves you for who you are, the way you have always been... nothing different, because he fell in love with you, and that includes being a chatter box.

    So even though you have been married for a long time & what you do with him and your little one, has become routine... change things up a bit, because life does get in the way a lot of the time, you just have to switch everything off, and focus on eachother.

    ReplyDelete