Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sometimes Being the Mommy is Hard

This last few weeks it's been hard to be the Mommy. It's always challenging & rewarding & wonderful but lately it's been hard.

Our kitty died & it was a shock & he was quite young. I was just as upset as my son was but I had to give him a lot of comfort. I wanted to bawl with him & I don't understand why it happened & I don't think it's fair but I had to explain all these life lessons to my son as the Mom & not as the petulant 14 year old I still feel like sometimes. Lots of tears in my house. Even the hubby shed a few.

Rest in peace sweet Oscar. This will always be your territory.

And tomorrow we start kindergarten.

I'm worried about it & I realize that it's the beginning of school for a very, very long time & I have a lot of anxieties. Well so does my son. I find myself giving him a lot of comfort when my heart's not really in it because I am troubled by the same things he is. I'm faking excitement & really I'm worried & I'm sad & I'm having to pretend what a big boy he is & how great that is when I really want to just squish him down & keep him home with me for a few more years.

Time flies. And the moments we're given are gifts. The joy we have with each other is truly an amazing gift & I'm trying to appreciate them more & more.

I'll be blogging more now. I've missed it. I haven't gotten to be my snarky self with you & I miss that, too.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment