Monday, October 17, 2011

Love Lasts...

This evening someone told me they loved me. That they always will. What an amazing thing to hear. To feel. To understand.

And I told them that love always lasts. At the very least as an echo.

I believe that. I think once you love someone it's always a part of you. Not necessarily a large part but an important part. Every time I've ever loved someone it's changed me. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

I always appreciate the change love brings. The experience. Even if it doesn't remain in the forefront or perhaps you can't even remember it the echo of the change is still in you.

I have to believe that some part of love lingers.

When I see couples get divorced & hate each other after they've split I try to imagine that they once loved each other enough to get married. Or enough to build a family together.

The venom I've seen between exes makes it hard to believe. But I have to believe.

I realize that sometimes relative strangers have kids together through chance or accident but when people were married & had families & shared love I can't believe it ever completely goes away.

Damaged as I am, oh & I am fucking damaged, I have to believe that something remains.

"Love always lasts. At the very least as an echo..."

Have a wonderful night ~ missed writing this thing. Maybe I'll start up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment